View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #7252
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgiggle View Post
Hi everybody,
As the title says Caf's rear shock has blown (the day we are back on the road after my Ohlins was fixed!).
Does anybody know a shop that would be able to fix it? We cross into Nicaragua today heading north, NYC being the finish.

Cheers
Pete (& Caf)
No idea but another contact is Ted Porter at Beemershop.com near San Francisco area 831-438-1100.

He recently took a trip to the Netherlands and went to several factories and is now selling not only Wilbers but is the US distributor for Tractive and Yacugar.
Apparently Yacugar is a new line from Hyperpro with a progressive spring. They are all companies with designers from WP that have all branched out to other companies. He is very eager to help people so who knows?

Keep digging around Adv and you will hopefully find a local connection. In case this helps and you don't know, a good way to search ADV with google is to include: site:advrider.com in the search. If you keep seeing your own posts use -mcgiggle. Like:
site:advrider.com nicaragua shock repair shop -mcgiggle

And if you want to only look on a certain thread include something from the name of the thread in quotes, that shows up on every page, like:
site:advrider.com hyperpro "see your xcountry"

Here's one but probably mostly Costa Rica shops, haven't read it: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574056
I also had the impression there are a lot more guys living in Costa Rica on Adv than I expect there would be in Nicaragua. I know of a guy who summers in my area and winters in CR if that would help PM me.

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!

snooker screwed with this post 12-03-2012 at 09:14 AM
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote