View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #79
LostViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpulls View Post
I bet it would ;) But if money was unlimited I wouldn't have even asked the question. If I'm spending $15K on a new bike I will not be upgrading stock parts for quite some time.

Thanks for the info. Tire size is the same as on my CBR600 and I had no problems getting on the edges on the street. I understand this is no supersport though.

OK then, let's try this again,

This bike is not now, and never will be a CBR 600. Trying to make it into one, or expecting it to behave like one, will end in dissapointment.

However it can be ridden in a spirited maner. I don't see the tractor analogy as such as bad thing. It does have stump pulling torque. It will never rev like a CBR. But it doesn't need to.

I found the stock suspension more than up to the task. For my purposes. Empty with no bags, two up, or loaded to the gils with traveling and camping gear on a twelve thousand mile trip. No Ohlins, I weigh 230, so you should be fine, you are much closer, spec wise to the teutonic ideal rider size.

Have you ridden this bike yet?
Most dealers will allow test rides. That will satisfy your curiosity faster than thirty pages of internet dribble.

It is what it is, a very capable, versatile, comfortable, beautiful, motorcycle.

It is not a GS, nor a Goldwing, or a Sport Bike. What it is, is a very nice standard bike that is able to dip it's feet into territories reserved for the aforementioned bikes, and do so quite well.

And it looks good doing it, even dirty,

Hope that hepls.

LostViking screwed with this post 12-03-2012 at 10:01 AM
LostViking is offline   Reply With Quote