View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #794
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Great ride on Sunday Jack and Michael. The road that I couldn't remember the name of that turns southeast off of Piney Mountain Ridge Road while heading northeast between Shippensburg Road and Bendersville Road/Pine Grove Furnace Road is Slate Quarry Road, it then runs into Old Railroad Road, after turning left it then runs into Wenksville Road. GoogleMaps have several of the roads above mislabeled in places!

The pictures of the road/two track normally gated trail with no name that I know of, that jdub, Jax and Skyclad posted pictures of, is located off of Wirt Road (some maps show this road as Leaf Road, but the road signs show it as Wirt Road and that is what I've always called it), if you turn left off of Old Forge Road while heading north onto Wirt Road, the road we were on is just short distance before you get to Biesecker Gap Road, both roads are on the left. From what I can tell those two track roads run between Wirt Road, Biesecker Gap Road, Gap Road, (Waynesboro) Fish And Game Road, Masters Road and Polidor Road in the southwestern portion of Michaux. There are quite a few normally gated roads/two track trials that are open throughout Michaux during the fall, they usually get locked up again after this Saturday, the end of antlered deer season.
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote