View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #220
Z_HARSH OP
Like margarine?

Oddometer: 465
The Twins

After Hyder, it was time to keep pounding out the klicks south. I rolled hard and just kept going anxious to get to the next riding destination. There was a sweet little short-cut up and over a little 2-lane dirt road. And in that case, I was almost glad I wasn’t on the bike because it was sloppy on top. The mud was so thick I had to pop it into four-wheel-drive.

I kept an eye peeled for any good looking side roads as I pounded south, and finally pulled into Whistler at about 8 at night. It had been a while and I felt like partying it up, so, I asked a few locals where the hot spot was. They said it was 80’s night a one of the bars and that was the place to be. I circled around, parked it up in the overnight lot for the ski area, made a little food, and set out to for the bars.

Unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures but it was a riot. All the people seemed to be international, German, Swiss, Brazilian, Argentinean, all working at the resort. The dancing was awesome. I talked to a few Canadians, but not many. Resort towns are always fun to party in, but it didn’t smell like I thought it would that close to Vancouver and all. I shut down the bar and went to bed.

The next morning, the only question was where. There was an ATV rental outfit off a dirt side-road that looked like a promising place to start. It was a good bet and turned out well. There was bunch of steep and rocky two-tracks that wound around the hills. None going anywhere, some blocked off by the loggers, a perfect place to dick around on the bike for a while.

Photobucket

And the scenery wasn’t half bad either.

Photobucket

Not half bad at all.

Photobucket

It was too bad the twin peaks never came out from the clouds.

SPREAD THE WORD, SAVE OUR SPORT!!
Z_HARSH is offline   Reply With Quote