Thread: rain riding...!
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:44 AM   #25
outlaws justice
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,053
Reduced Visability makes iding dangerous. Cars cannot see us, This is partially due to the rain itself and compounde by the spray off the rear tire of the bike.

Several years ago myself and my cousin were riding matching bikes back from Albany in the ouring rain. We were being followed by my wife in the car. She made sure to tell us at the first stop that she could not see my cousin as the spray masked the tail light and made it impossible to see him or his bike. On the other hand she could see me, to be specific my lights. I had removed the rear turn signals, and replaced them with a set of front signals so they acted not only as turn signals but also as marker lights. The marker lights set out to the sides of the bike where the spray was not as think could be seen.

Since this we have converted the rear lights on all the bike we ride to aid in being seen in adverse conditions.