View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #36
Chindog
Old Guy

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooktown Geezer View Post
Just curious: does anyone here know of an independent new scooter retailer who has been in business for more than 5 years, does not sell the Vespa brand, and has no other means of support? I don't. I've seen a lot of them come and go, but I'm not aware of any thriving scooter shop offering second tier brands who can make a profitable income solely from sales and service of new scooters. Loving scooters and thinking it would be a fun business and "hope" is not enough. You need a solid and realistic business plan, and most likely once the hard work of developing a business plan is done, that's all the info you'll need.

The last one I knew of just announced they are closing their doors, and they enjoyed a great reputation and a large metropolitan market (Los Angeles.)
I got my Aprilia at Twist and Scoot in Atlanta. They have been in business since 2003, and sell only new scooters other than Vespa. They carry Kymco, Genuine, and Aprilia, but they are an authorized service center for Vespa and Lambretta. And they also sell electric bicycles, but I've never seen more than a couple of them on the showroom floor. No ATV's or motorcycles, though.
Chindog is offline   Reply With Quote