View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #33
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne_l View Post
can someone tell me how to keep it from keep taking its own perfered routes when you transfer from pc to garmin ?

ill have way points checked out and routes highlighted but once its transfered keeps taking me to shorter route any way .. the other problem, is when in base camp ill select a road to next way point it picks a different route thats not even close to what i picked or could be seen from my end till i double click my selected route ...still does what it wants anyway ..

when i think i finally got it licked and tranfer over my way points to my garmin it went and still chose shortest route but with my title as my perfered route ..

im so ticked spent 5 hrs tonight and got nowhere ..
Look at your preferences and avoidances on the GPS unit and make sure they are what you want.

Another way around the problem is to just put in a lot more via points when creating the route to force it to go exactly where you want it to go.

And finally my preferred solution is to convert the route to a track and then download and follow the track. But you don't get turn-by-turn instructions this way.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote