View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #2908
Night Crawler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by avconnect View Post
Tell me what you think of the dimmer if you install it. I have the insert as well and it is bright.
The dimmer works perfect. You can set the level to what ever brightness you want for "low beam" and never mess with the remote again. I ordered the KTM kit so mine came wired with the factory connector, and took about 2 min. to install. The dimmer is pretty bulky, but I managed to install it behind the mask without even using the supplied extensions as I did not like how far the mask sat out from the forks, and looking at that rats nest of wires behind it. Now I just have to figure out a way to get more downward adjustment out of the light as it is pointed too high without the extensions. It should not be that big of a problem, but I might have to Dremel a little more clearance out of the mask so it can tilt down that far. The light is awesome and very high quality. I would recommend buying the dimmer though, so you can run it on a "low beam" when conditions require. Also on full power you might be mistaken for a UFO landing in the forest somewhere!
Night Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote