View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #24
Wentwest
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
Since no one has responded to your posting title, let me be the first to tell you. You're crazy!

But then, so are the rest of us here. If we were sane we'd be riding around in Chevy Impala sedans.

I love the feeling a scooter gives. Super mobility, easy slides through traffic (at least in California, where we can lane split), cheap insurance, comfort, and on and on.

When I was a kid, made in Japan meant junk. Vehicles made in Italy? What a joke. Who would rely on a Fiat? There were remarkably terrible vehicles made in France and England in the 50's, and some real trash cars were produced right here in the good old USA in the 60's and early 70's. Some 80's Harleys are really poor products. So, today there are literally millions of scooters from China going to all parts of the world. Some crap, some good. The machines made in Taiwan are good quality, and most big name makers buy pretty much everything they can from China. There are more US sourced materials in a Honda Accord than in a big Ford sedan. http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....ory=amMade0611

The point is, it's a big and complicated world. For every complicated problem, like choosing the country of origin of a product, there is a simple solution. And it's always wrong.

However, riding a scooter is not wrong.
Wentwest is offline   Reply With Quote