View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,463
Hey everyone,

So a little more info on how this ride is shaping up......Most of the stufff is being discussed in the regional post in the rockies, but for any out of towners this is where we are.

There will be two ride options:
-One will be a light, fast moving group who will be riding straight thru to Blanding on day one. Ridefreak (thanks!!) will be heading up this aspect of the ride. There will not be much time for pictures, exploring, etc and it will be a full day of riding and most people are planning on staying in a hotel and eating out in Blanding. The second day they will meet up with the rest of the group for the BBQ and Beers and the remainder of the ride. They can drop off their sleeping bag/tent with a support vehicle in Moab on Friday AM.

-The second option is for those that want to camp off the bikes on day 1 in Ruin Park and leave time for exploring etc. This group will follow the outline I laid out for the ride in the original post. We have a lot of terrain to cover, but with the loaded bikes it will be slower paced than the first option.

Additionally we will try and run at least 3 groups (maybe 4) with 6-7 in each group. This will keep the pace of the entire ride faster, the dust down and let everyone settle into their "grove". We will iron this out more in the future but Ridefreak will be running a group from option 1, I will be running a group from option 2, and then we will see how the ride progresses for the other group.

Based on the remoteness and all the potential for problems I am going to limit the ride to 20 riders. This has got a lot of interest and some people will not know if they can make it till next year so I hate to do this. Between the high potential for problems a larger groups generates and the issues a lot of riders will create for the supported 2nd night BBQ, I dont see much of an option though.

With that in mind I have set up a registration page here so people can pay with a credit card and reserve a spot.

There are several spots accounted for already so anyone that is interested needs to register ASAP. If you replied with an "in" either contact me via PM or register on the above link.

The registration will cover the donation to Utah Shared Access as well as the BBQ and Beer. If we run a supported gas stop in the Swell everyone will need to pitch in for gas on the 2nd night, but we can straighten that out later.

I hope this will give people a few more options, yet still be able to see some great country. If there are any questions either post up here or PM me.

Also let me know if anyone is interested in riding the koko on thursday into moab.

Thanks,
ben
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote