View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #1850
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidD View Post
It is a bike that is there to be used and abused; if you are ruled by your head then get the standard bike - you won't be disappointed and your wife, partner or special friend will say that looks like a nice sensible bike.

But if you are ruled by your heart then the 'R' version is for you and a whole new world of adventure awaits.....................
My heart goes with the R too, I like 21" front tires, I am tall enough that I can handle one. However, my concern is -maybe a stupid one- relates to the highway ride part. The front tire of the standart is 120, whereas the R has a tall 90 size tire. The 1190 is a good 150 hp bike, which I believe will be faster and superior than all others on the market.
I am sure that there are calculations for these, but taking into consideration the moments of sudden braking; would a 90 size tire give enough area of friction for a safe stopping power. This can't be known before the bike is ridden but this is where I got stuck before deciding which way to go.
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote