View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #17
lucky6600 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 534
While the engine was socking with ATF, I have no stopping searching for parts like gas tank and possible replacement engine.

When I was in a conversation with bunch friends couple weeks ago, someone mentioned he has a "maybe" BMW in his shade and has not been touched for a very long time.
It was the trade in with a car he was selling to a guy many years ago. He also stated it has many extra parts comes with it. Therefore, I went down to take a look last Thursday night.
We checked out the "bike" and the parts with two flash light in a cold dark shade. It has a very solid gas tank and I knew I wanted it.
After I got home, I wrote him a very nice long email saying how worthless that bike and parts are and I would love to offer him this amount of $$$ for cleaning up his shade.
O ... Boy ... he just can't wait to get rid off that thing.

here we go ... he moved the bike and parts outside for me to pick up while nobody was at home. (this shows how much he cares about the "bike")

It appears to be a 72 R60/5 with a number matching engine and frame, and a free moving engine and transmission.... what the chance is that ....

and the pile of "parts" appear to be a 72 R75/5 without a frame ..

After putting two R60/5 side by side, the new picked up one looks just weird .... and this was discovered.

so, what I got here are ... from the very right hand side ... A 71 R60/5 with a good frame but a seized left engine which used to be my part bike, but it's the project now. In the middle is a 72 R60/5 with a banana frame, but a free moving engine. At the most left hand side is a 72 R75/5 with everything but a main frame.

It looks like I have more than enough parts to put up ONE runner. However, what kind of comibation I should do?

1) just replaced the left cylider with the good one by cutting down the connecting rod.

2) engine swap with the good R60 engine on to the good frame

3) swap the R75 engine on the good frame and conver it into a R75 "offically"

4) ....others?

lucky6600 screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 09:36 AM
lucky6600 is offline   Reply With Quote