Thread: My Geezer Glide
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #13
EricD10563 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaSport View Post
Congrats on the new bike. I like the HD touring bikes. I had to smile though, when I read where you wrote you liked your 09 RK, but that it was beginning to feel old. I guess my 2000 SG must be prehistoric
It wasn't the year that made it feel old lol, it was the miles the bike had more than 62k miles and was feeling like it needed some work to bring it back to that new tight feeling. It was made obvious once I rode the E-Glide that the RK was getting a little worn, the newer bike felt tighter right away. Usually I keep my bikes for a long time like twenty plus years but at the rate I was going the bike would have more than 75k miles in less than five years and would have very little value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMC View Post
Great bike
If it still has the cat you're probably toasty near your right ankle, shocking how much heat they put off.

Enjoy it!
I'm going to find out, haven't felt it on my feet yet, Sidi boots I'm sure are helping keep the heat away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
Congrats! Very nice bike. I think there are some deflectors you can get to help keep the heat off. I am sure you will get many enjoyable miles out of this bike.
Defelectors are stock on this bike, hope it helps. Right now it's not a problem, might even be making the riding nicer since it's been chilly.

Thanks for the good wishes, time to go for a ride.
In 2009 I rode 18,589 miles on an island that's 72 miles long. That's 50 miles a day everyday for 365 days. I think I'll go home now. 94k miles and still riding http://travelwithe.com/blogengine.net/ my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTJA4CrFRY-_rvDejPct73g

EricD10563 screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 09:35 AM
EricD10563 is online now   Reply With Quote