View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #22
McRuss OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Alcan Rider: pretty much my route from Denver to Cody except that I plan on getting off I25 at Ft Collins and taking 287 through Laramie and on to Casper, 20 to Thermopolis, 120 to Cody (I'll look at 14 again but I really want to get off I25 early.) Then as planned, Chief Joseph and Beartooth, 78, Columbus, etc. Once in Canada I usually stay in Okotoks. This time I'm going to cut over from there and take the Kananaskis Trail to Banff, then the Icelands to Jasper (I have photos of three of my bikes at the overlook, will add one more this time) and cut over and up to Dawson Creek via Grand Prairie. I'll camp at Jasper and make time up to Dawson Cr. Then its the Alcan (boring?) all the way to Watson Lake where I'll cut off on the Campbell and skip Whitehorse (been there, done that.) I like the Provincial campgrounds, not too expensive and nicely maintained.

Wait! I think I can pick up I25 at Casper and take it to I90 and Sheridan, pick up 14 from there to Cody. I'm taking it under consideration....

McRuss screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 10:36 AM Reason: changed my mind!
McRuss is offline   Reply With Quote