View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #31753
ADVNCW
Banned

Oddometer: 341
Brought this home last week-

Less than 1800 miles, '09.

Will fix it up to ride the CDR late next summer and to/ from. Will pull stuff off like BigDog or Rick Ramsey to lighten it up. Then I plan to add a 4.7 gal gas tank with the foam to control the fuel sloshing, Seat Concepts (as on my 230L), plastic skid plate (no noise...had some with the alu skid plate on the 230L), probably some wide footpegs since I really like the ones on the 230L from XRs Only, transfer the TCI windshield from the 230L to the WRR. Probably will get some D606s on it near the CDR dirt after using the TWs to get there. Will plan to use my Giant Loop Great Basin and 40L dry bag for my gear and camp, and will plan to camp most of the time on the Forest (free).

Got the maps, shopping and trying to understand gps- I have used map and compass since 1965 when I was a Cub Scout. I find the whole gps thing pisses me off at times...fricken $$ and add maps and bla bla- I did the WABDR just fine without a gps, not to mention traveling in the '70s AK Hwy and some BC dirt roads with just road maps. Will probably buy a moderate priced gps since I will have good maps.

Winter is here so I will not be riding until at least late March, foothills in June and high country late July.Looking forward to it!

ADVNCW screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 10:50 AM
ADVNCW is offline   Reply With Quote