View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #43
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladukebob View Post
When speaking with CJ's buddy Jeff while they were out west in Hood River and the Rally about how he uses the aux.tank I got the impression that he waited until the fuel light came on before he opened the valve on the aux. tank fuel line and drained the fuel into the main tanks. easier to keep track of fuel management. My memory could be bad and maybe I misunderstood him. made sense though. I could see not needing the sight tube at all. Personal preference for sure.

My goal is to convert over to the 2-1 and add this tank. Seeing it in person it looks as if it came from the factory with it. Very clean and sleek. And out of the way Beats carrying my Roto 2 gallon as a top case.
That is how Jeff managed his fuel use and so do we. Having the sight gauge is just a little bit of extra peace of mind knowing what you have left in side. Sloshing it from side to side was not good enough for me. You can even tick the gauge off with a paint marker when you fill it the first time so you know how much you have.

Kind of like this.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote