View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #4072
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0t0Rider View Post
Thanks for the advice. I do have the Ohlins my bike it's the S Touring. I have went through the adjusters. With 13k on the clock I have not found the plushness I am looking for. Maybe I should give it another look.
Something else to keep in mind, which you already likely know, is for each riding mode, you have 4 switchable (on-the-fly) suspension settings (with about a zillion configurations under each of them!). Mine are set up differently for each mode (Sport being the stiffest), and changing from Rider Only to Rider + Passenger + Luggage is dramatic. Check to make sure you are at the lowest setting (Rider Only), as this should provide the "softest" feel and response. I'm about 200lbs w/ gear, and as others have commented, the MTS12 isn't really sprung for riders of this weight, so I typically ride with my bike set to Rider + Passenger (3rd stiffest of the 4) and I get a very compliant ride that doesn't dive excessively under heavy braking. Amazing stuff those Ohlins.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote