Thread: SA Adv Riders
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #8356
Gasman_ADV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
again for those interested
I have been thinking about why the front was so firm, the forks were serviced by a larger motorcycle dealer here in Adelaide back in Jan 2011 and I think they may not have relocated one or both of the internal compression damper rods hence the extremely firm front end combined with the high fork oil level. The compression damper rods need to be seated properly otherwise you lose adjustment and I think greatly increased compression dampening as well, this is on the WP forks.

it now feels like a dirtbike !

A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman_ADV View Post
Just a quick update for those interested in the Erzberg suspension thing...........

I measured up the oil level in the forks the other day .90mm from top
Book says 120mm to 150mm .advice was all WP forks run best at about 120/125mm

I set the level at 120mm from top

rear spring is a fairly heavy spring and was set at 30mm race........reset to 70mm race

Just came back from a quick spin around the neighbourhood .(and on a SE 950 it is a quick spin)..
finally it feels like a dirt bike ..............the front actually has some drop under brakes and I can get some weight on the front wheel........could probably manage a stoppie if I tried..........

I can also get both tippy toes on the ground whislt standing.....read ...mount the bike easier.

when I first bought the bike it was downright dangerous..........the forks were too high in the tripples and everything was too firm...............it was a shocker...........

anyway it feels a lot lot better just after a quick spin around the block ............and yes i might go and rip those baffles out today as well.

Gasman_ADV is offline   Reply With Quote