View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
steyr_scout308 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrat View Post
This might be overkill, but I have just started going though this: https://6002x.mitx.mit.edu/

"6.002x (Circuits and Electronics) is designed to serve as a first course in an undergraduate electrical engineering (EE), or electrical engineering and computer science (EECS) curriculum. At MIT, 6.002 is in the core of department subjects required for all undergraduates in EECS."

Eric
It might be. The requirements are a little stiff as well. The only college-level physics I've had was a Radiation Health Physics class about 11 years ago. My last exposure to calculus was over twenty years ago and, ahem, less than successful. It is so cool that MIT is doing this stuff. If I had the time and the means to take another run at Calculus, I think I could do it. From helping my kids with their math homework, it seems to be taught a lot differently now, though.

In that last fateful interview, I was asked "have you ever soldered anything?" Asking if copper pipe counted was not the answer. So, I need something that includes some hands-on exercises, as some of the courses I googled up do.
steyr_scout308 is offline   Reply With Quote