View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
bandito2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
When does the build start? You have posted in the build area and I demand progress and pictures!!

I just got a response today from an email I sent to Craig Vetter about the "Last Vetter Fairing"

Well, he hasn't made the full mold for the front nose yet, but still could do the front part of it (the white part on front) if he
decides to not do the full mold. Then I would have to fab from that to the handle bars. Pretty much like the rear part needs
to be done which is basically flat wrap aluminum supported by bulkheads. Pretty simple in theory but we'll see how it goes
in practice. Around Christmas time Craig will let me know what he is going to do and then I'll be able to form a plan of action.

If he decides on doing the full mold, then I'll have to wait until he gets done making it over the winter and then more waiting
while the fairing gets laid up in fiberglass. When that time gets nearer, I'll remove the plastic from the 2007 Reflex and start
moving some parts that sit on the outside part of the frame and remove some protruding tabs and such to help make it
narrower. There are also some other things that will need to get done in preparation, but again I am going to wait until I know
that the fairing parts will be forthcoming before I commit to taking things apart on the scooter.

Of course there will be photos and updates once the process begins. (we'll just have to be patient)
"Darkside" Honda Reflex. "Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."
bandito2 is offline   Reply With Quote