It's been way too long but I took a little man cave time. I decided to quit procrastinating and install the custom +3" motionpro cables I bought almost a year ago. I had been deterred - alright mortified by the horror stories about swearing and throwing things and 14" long 90 degree needle nose pliers I'd read on the subject over on the 919 forum.
It took less than a minute to come to the realization the needle nose method was not for me and that Honda had gone to great lengths to make this modern bike look naked. I broke out the manual and followed along. The air box and throttle bodies had to come out the left side of the bike as a unit and then separated. Once I resigned myself to go ahead and unplug everything - injectors, fuel rail, etc. the job went smoothly. The cable ends attached surprisingly easily.
I used a tire tool between air box and frame to finesse the boots back onto the intake spigots.
With the new-found adjustment I needed, I tweaked the bars slightly to offer a bit more sweep. I also installed 1" risers. Now to tidy up all the rig jobs around the bars. (left) The bar-mount hardware that came with my windshield was frikkin ugly and had to go. (center) The stylish black anodized Moose Racing hand guard brackets came with a nice slot. Hummm, I thought. (right) I "MacGyvered" 3/8" shaft collars with studs to replace the set screws to hold the windshield rods. It is now lighter and cleaner looking.
I also made new extensions for the hand guards out of 1" x 1/4" aluminum.
There's still more to do before a proper test ride but the grip position seems greatly improved.
. . . . . and man cave time is always a good thing.