View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #996
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 912
Phoenix or Failure

From Nola to Texas:

I've been in Austin for a week now I think. I really love it here, except for the fact that the roads have as much traction as a boulevard paved with Starburst fruit chews (which is actually a lot of fun. With TC set low I can drift at will and slither away from each and every stoplight. Front end tuck is not quite as fun, though).

I'll get to posting pics and a report of Austin soon, but I'm not going to have time before my next leg. Tires finally arrived, which means I'll be leaving to Phoenix on Friday morning. Though my bike will be ready for the trip, 1000 miles in under 24 hours is an oppressive (if not exciting) physical prospect and I am not underestimating the difficulty. I'm not going to bother with registering for the Iron Butt Association (somehow trying to legitimize what I'm doing always seems less legitimate, plus I have a healthy intolerance for indexing, filing, stamping, briefing and debriefing.). I will use a couple of witnesses to silence the trolls and I'll also tweet real-time GPS coordinates using Google Maps.

That my heart is beating 10% faster than it should at rest just thinking about all this, which is a fortuitous indication that this is the right decision.
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote