View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #869
discochris
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by P B G View Post
Mine went down.

Tap's in the kitchen, use a smaller glass, you don't think about it, but getting up the energy to walk to the kitchen will slow your consumption way down, where I would grab a few bottles to save the trip, I've not yet found myself willing to fill multiple glasses.
If I have a porter or a stout on tap, I drink a lot less. I just get too full too quickly. Now this summer when I brewed a honey ale, it was gone in about a week.

The other thing is if you have people over, a 5 gallon corny keg can go really quick. I only have one keg, so if it goes, I want to have something ready to keg right away. I botttle a six-pack of everything I keg so there's always a stash in the back room, and I do brew a batch specifically to bottle every two months or so. I'll be bottling a batch of porter next week - I always keep a lot of that on hand in bottles as it tends to be very popular amongst my friends.

I've been buying a lot of Boulevard beers as of late to get more bottles. Those and the Sierra Nevada bottles are my favorites for re-using for home brewing. They use the short necks with no brand stamping or embossing on the bottles.
discochris is offline   Reply With Quote