View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #181
Ohio_Danimal OP
Midlife Crisis Man

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
You're making me think I need a new riding partner.
Hey Ducnut...Not sure what you meant with that statement. Can you eloborate?

In a few of the recent pics I posted you'll see a 2003 Kaw ZZR1200 along side my SV650 . It was ridden by my long-time best bud and riding partner (had travelled over 60K miles together around much of the US) who passed away last August of a heart attack while he and I were preparing for a two week trip to SD and CO from Ohio. While I have other close friends I ride with, I don't know if things will ever be the same, as he was a fantastic pilot and great company to boot. As time marches on, the pang for his company does lessen, and the skill level of my other riding friends increases. I joke with them that each year I tell myself I will slow down a bit more, and that as the years pass and I slow down incrementally, they will at the same time be picking up the pace as they become better riders. Perhaps in a few years they and I will be in sync...just like the old days

I'll ride with anyone that enjoys a brisk pace and hourly stops to stretch and take pics.

I have a TON more pics from years past, but it's hard to see them out there now that he is gone. Nearly all of the pictures have that big silver ZZR in them. His ZZR at the time of his death was closing in on 200,000 miles.

My SV now has close to 130,000 miles!

Anger is age, hell bent.
Ohio_Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote