View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #182
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio_Danimal View Post
Hey Ducnut...Not sure what you meant with that statement. Can you eloborate?!
Well, I don't have anyone to ride with that likes the type of riding I like, which is the type you do. My GF rides her SVS less and rides pillion more. While not a big deal, my Tiger is difficult in awkward situations, two up. I've been longing for a Tiger 800 Roadie and would do a trade with someone who has one and would like a 1050. I simply need a more manageable bike that I can run down any road I choose. Manageable size is one thing I like about her SVS. But, I can't deal with the legroom. A Wee is just too big, for what it is. Anyway, just wish there were someone in my area that'd like to ride whatever it is we come upon, wherever. Oh yeah, they need to be cool in a relaxed sorta' way.

Quote:
In a few of the recent pics I posted you'll see a 2003 Kaw ZZR1200 along side my SV650 . It was ridden by my long-time best bud and riding partner (had travelled over 60K miles together around much of the US) who passed away last August of a heart attack while he and I were preparing for a two week trip to SD and CO from Ohio.!
I'm sorry, for your loss. I just lost a bicycling partner, a few weeks ago. He was hit by a car.

Quote:
His ZZR at the time of his death was closing in on 200,000 miles. My SV now has close to 130,000 miles!
Those are big miles!
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote