View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #2600
Fast_Boy_Slim
Don't call me Wighty

Oddometer: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglewood View Post
Each year my school does a Pinewood Derby as an 8th grade project. Every 8th grader is given a kit and about a month (with deadlines) to build a car. Along the way we work in various 8th grade standards and the kids all build their own cars along the way. One fun part is that as a teacher, I get to build a new car each year to compete in the "teacher race." This is my submission from this year. The body shape is based on the 1931 Miller V-16 race car. I ended up winning the teacher class for the second year in a row by employing a number of speed tricks that I have learned over the years.

-Connor
What a great tradition. We have nothing like that in the UK. Where do you start with stuff like this do all the kids get given some wheels and a hunk of wood or do you have to source it all? Do the girls build cars too as there are plenty of competitive Dads with daughters too

Quote:
Treat your throttle and brakes like a pair of b**bies! You go grabbing them hard and you're going to get slapped. You want to massage them nice and smooth. That way the bike will kiss you. Chris Carr
Fast_Boy_Slim is offline   Reply With Quote