View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #184
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio_Danimal View Post
If it helps any, I did the following mods that helped greatly in comfort (I am a touch over 6 ft tall, 32" inseam)

When I had Corbin make my saddle, I asked for it to be made 1" taller than their "stock" SV650 configuration. This made a BIG difference. That saddle now has over 50K miles on it and just gets better and better.

Also, I had a friend machine some custom rearsets that really aren't rear-sets. They are lower and a bit further forward than stock. They also have dual sealed cartridge bearings in each pivot, so shifting is VERY slick.

I also added clipons from SWATT that are 3-1/2" taller than stock, and 1" more rearward.

All this added up to more comfort on the long haul.

We still stop every hour to take a "break"
I put Helibars and the standard SV peg mounts, on her SVS.

I suffered pretty nasty knee injuries, in '88. Highway pegs are about the only resolve. With the 1050 being so tall, I just let my legs hang, when I need a break. Looking back, I can hardly believe I was able to ride my SS to Mid-Ohio every year. My Daytona 675 was a real torture rack. I was only good for a 100mi, before having to get off the thing. However, it was an awesome track bike. I think the Tiger 800, with highway pegs, will provide about the best compromise. Though, I really love the SV650 engine. I'll figure out something.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote