Originally Posted by Geology Rocks
I have a disabled friend who is interested in this bike as he wants to start riding. I have a couple of questions that I am trying to get answered for him..
1) The seat height might be an issue. Published height is 32.7 inches. I'm 5'11" with a 30-inch inseam and it is comfortable for me.
2) It feels much lighter than it actually is. The Honda is at least 50 pounds heavier than my KLR650. But it feels much lighter. It feels as if the CG is between your ankles, rather than up around your knees.
3) It might be possible to re-work the rear brake to operate from the left grip. The Honda Integra is already set up this way and is built on the same platform as the NC700. The Integra is not currently available in the US.
4) Braking is adequate. With the linked brake setup you might be able to get away with just a front brake lever.
5) I really like the DCT transmission. The $2,000 uptick over the manual shift version might be tough to justify for many riders. But for someone who requires it, it's an easy choice. In full auto mode the bike is still very fun to ride. The sport mode is fairly sporty. And you can still shift the bike manually via the levers on the left grip.