View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:02 AM   #186
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio_Danimal View Post
Every off season I scheme of a way of adding highway pegs to my SV without hacking the fairing lowers (was going to install modified ST1100 flip out wings in a slot cut in the plastic)

I can often be seen on straight sections with my legs dangling down...or standing for a few minutes. That's why I usually stop every hour, get off the bike and walk around a bit
Yeah, I was looking at that, too. Without lowers, there are enough holes and bolts to mount sone kind of "highway bar". Maybe, I'll search Craigslist for a local, standard SV, as it's been a long time since I sat on one. Adding an aftermarket windscreen wouldn't be much different than what the Tiger 800 offers, but, there's an offroad advantage to a 19" front wheel.

When I worked at a shop, we got in an SVS just like yours. The first thing I did was order the lowers, color-matched hugger, and seat cowl. That bike didn't last long. Seemed if a bike didn't have a full-fairing, nobody wanted it. The shop guys could never understand why a trackday nut like me was always drooling over the SV.
ducnut is online now   Reply With Quote