View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #11684
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,969
It's Jim Carrey, dammit!

I have saved luggage space by consolidating my little Chinese stripped down tire pump and can git an extra Euro speedo in the tankbag for the Yucatan adventure.

SR, beat me to the punch. If the kid was at fault for drunk driving he should be punished to the full extent of the law. I've seen dozens of local juniors and fresas here who've gotten away with murder amongst other crimes. They simply are out of jail and free to repeat their crime. I highly doubt the kid learned anything like responsibility or remorse for his actions, the message he likely got was how dumb the gringo was to spring him from jail and save his family a pot full of pesos in legal fees so he can get a new expensive car and hit someone else while drinking and driving. How good would the gringo feel basking in his glory of being so understanding, kind, and compassionate, if the kid kills someone or hurts someone else while he should be doing time? Yeah, I know, speculation, like "if the queen had balls, she'd be king".
But, "Let no good deed go unpunished?"
Wow! I feel better! I quit smoking 4 years ago today and was having a real bad day up to now.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote