View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #198
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 7,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
I'm running a Britannia HID fairing (35 watts low beam, 70 high), and an LED tail lamp on my '07, and can ride long distances with my 90 watt jacket liner cranked pretty far into the hot zone. It's a balancing act when the high beam is on, but it works. Mount a voltage meter and keep an eye on it. For all the crap that is thrown around about the KLR, it's a competent machine.

Can -- thanks for the data . . . . . .while I like the Britannia products, I like the cut down screen (3.5 / 4 inches) on my stock fairing (for when I fall off road ;-} . . . .. )

I'm hoping to keep the stock headlamp, as well, primarily for ease of servicing out in the Thulies . . . . .

I am confident that increasing the wire guage in the charging circuit, LEDs in the tail light and dash (already done), and MAYBE installing a gen 2 stator, will allow the 65 watt jacket liner and 10 watt gloves to run with the headlamp on.

My voltage meter tells me I'm only little off, so my fingers are crossed.

The KLR is exactly what I expected it to be . . . and I'm diggin it to pieces!
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.