Thread: My Geezer Glide
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #31
boatpuller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricD10563 View Post
I think itís better (or not) depending on what you want, the Batwing makes for a non-turbulent ride but at the same time it can feel somewhat isolated when compared to the RK. I didnít have any complaints with the RK (even though it was turbulent in comparison) and still donít it certainly felt like you were riding a motorcycle, the EG is more car like sitting back and enjoying the tunes. Iím still getting used to not being able to see my front end and I miss that. Iíve never really looked at the EG before, this one just caught my eye and it was more spur of the moment. Iím really liking the tunes, when I rode the RK I just had a different mentality even though I wore ear buds I didnít really enjoy the music like I do on the EG. I also have the adjustable fairing air deflectors and lowers which take more wind off of me, there really is a big difference between the RK and the EG. Handling wise I think when equally compared the RK is a better handing bike, itís lighter and not as top heavy. The EG falls into corners compared to the RK with most of its 80+ pounds of weight located high on the bike, low speed handling suffers too. BTW Iím not saying itís a hard adjustment because itís not, but itís noticeable. I can flat foot this bike better than the RK because of the different stock seat.

Is it better all depends what youíre looking for, I miss the RK but Iím quite certain that the EG is going to be less fatiguing on long rides. Have put 1800 miles on it so far and Iím liking that peaceful easy feeling more and more.

Styling wise I think the RK looks better, though the EG is growing on me and with the Tour-Pac removed I think it will look as nice as the RK. JMHO

added: I do feel crosswinds and headwind more with the Batwing fairing and Tour-Pac,.
Thank you. That is an exceptional writeup, and I appreciate the information.
boatpuller is offline   Reply With Quote