View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #6187
TravellingStrom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas cached View Post
I have those exact shortcuts, labeled "2D" and "3D" - but have had no issues with them not working after rebooting.

Can you open the offending {shortcut name}.gsf file (located in your \Garmin\Shortcuts\ directory) with notepad, copy and paste that text here for inspection?

2D:
PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Shortcut><Settings><Icon>584</Icon><ProfileSettings><MapOrientation>1</MapOrientation></ProfileSettings><Application>4</Application></Settings></Shortcut>
3D:
PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Shortcut><Settings><Icon>584</Icon><ProfileSettings><MapOrientation>3</MapOrientation></ProfileSettings><Application>4</Application></Settings></Shortcut>

Hi and thanks for your input. Here are the two shortcut files:

Tracks Up = 2D
PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Shortcut><Settings><Icon>710</Icon><ProfileSettings><MapOrientation>1</MapOrientation></ProfileSettings><Application>4</Application></Settings></Shortcut>
Automotive Mode = 3D

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Shortcut><Settings><Icon>644</Icon><ProfileSettings><MapOrientation>3</MapOrientation></ProfileSettings><Application>4</Application></Settings></Shortcut>
In the meantime I will study yours and see whether I can work anything out

**edit** Hmm, I just looked at yours and except for the icon they are the exact same?

**2nd edit** Well, I just did a master reset and it works fine even after rebooting? Reminds me of old windows 95 software, it cant do anything on the run but needs a reboot before working correctly. I will see how that works out, thanks to those that helped.
Cheers
TS

TravellingStrom screwed with this post 12-07-2012 at 04:17 PM
TravellingStrom is offline   Reply With Quote