View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
biensur22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
I'd recommend these....

....except.....they are not available in the US (!!!). (those that are considering buying them internationally....they are built on a last that will not work for North America).

There are waterproof boots good for Adventure riding, and MX boots good for Adventure Riding, but no Waterproof MX boots good for Adventure riding. Sorry!!
A good substitute might be the Gaerne Pro Tech Oiled Boot, not sure on the name exactly. They look very similar to the one you posted above (that's sadly unavailable in the US because everything AWESOME in this world is only available elsewhere...) but with crepe sole and no metal toe bumpers. I believe they're designed more for trials so they're softer and more flexible, but the full leather gives decent enough DS protection and the Gaerne drytech membrane is supposedly waterproof and breathable. I've got the non-waterproof version for adventure riding and general dualsporting, but when it comes to single-track and mx days, I prefer something with a bit more standing support and protection. Just my 2 cents!

Great reviews! Thanks for the info.
biensur22 is offline   Reply With Quote