View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #18
duncanmac OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Jacket and Pants - Check!

For a little while already my better half has been equipped with BMW jacket and pants. This was made possible by timely sales events at the local BMW dealership which, on those occasions, just happened to have just one left of her size. Since then I have been hunting for the same outcome for myself, but that hope has not materialised.

I have therefore spent many hours on the internet looking what the market offers. What an amazing array of styles, price-points and - importantly - opinions for and against! The decision had been narrowed to something from Olympia, Tourmaster or, if feeling generous to myself, Alpinestars.

This morning the local BMW dealership had a sale and I debated with myself for some while whether I should lash out on a slightly discounted BMW Rallye 3 jacket, but no matching pants available. The salesman, Stefan, offered suggestions and advice but was not at all pushy, which I appreciated. I decided against it and at home once again jumped on the internet.

Now Stefan had said some rather positive things about the Alpinestars Durban Goretex gear. Google threw up the www.motostorm.it site and... they were having a sale! After deducting the 19% tax and adding a very reasonable Euros39 for postage (jacket and pants) I put them in my cart and checked out! For slightly more than the cost of the Rallye jacket alone, I have a jacket AND pants. That works for me. I hope the sizing is right!

duncanmac screwed with this post 12-08-2012 at 12:59 AM Reason: Corrected the name of motostorm
duncanmac is offline   Reply With Quote