View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:07 AM   #13163
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
That actually reminds me of something else that everyone should do, but few people do.

Put your name, address, phone, email on a card in your wallet that is readily discovered. Mine has that info and then clearly spells out: "$100 reward if all contents are returned intact", which should motivate even a wallet thief to call and say he found it.

We get found wallets turned in all the time at work, and with no clear cut way to contact the owners, they get tossed. It's unreasonable to expect someone to drive to the address on your ID to try and return a wallet; a phone or email listing is substantially easier and most finders will give you a ring if they have a number to call.
Lost my fanny pac in Colorado with all my tools (on TAT trip) and had to buy more on the road to finish trip. (about $200) but I had a card in the one I lost that said "REWARD,CALL COLLECT".When I got back home there was a message from a guy that said he had it. Sent him $75 and got my tools back....I was very happy!!!