View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #3675
Kart22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockydrxrvr View Post
As a V-strom owner of both the 1000 and 650, it was time to move on after 10 years of Strom ownership. In my 60's and with only a couple of decades of riding left......, I want to experience something new upon opening the garage door and what I throw a leg over. I lived/camped on a Vstrom for a month riding in Canada and Alaska several years ago, and had no complaints with comfort and ridability.
V-stroms are not that good of a fire-road bike with stock suspension,....as even elevated 'water bars' in the road at a good clip seriously scrape the exhaust, or in my case the belly pan. I put a few more extras on my DR650, and will explore the Deserts of Az. as I start the 'Snowbird' exploring of retired life.

So, only 3 road bikes are tempting me at this time, A Harley XR1200X, a Triumph Scrambler, and go figure.....this new Honda NC700X. I am intruiged by the low and mid range torque, and heard rumors of the NC doing 60mph. at only 3,000 rpm. Is this true? I also am stroking the beard on how the NC mix of this torque and low center of gravity could be a handling smile maker.
Yes sir. I'm right about there. Hell, you could cruise in 6th at 30 mph if you wanted.
Kart22 is offline   Reply With Quote