View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #1487
Doorguy1979
Dreamridin'

Oddometer: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymorr View Post
I didn't post a pic of what I actually ended up buying this fall (till now) because it's not "little/light" but here it is anyway...

Coachmen Apex 214RB. 24 foot long but it is only 7 wide which makes it little-er than most these days. Makes for easier towing and the huge dinette slide somewhat makes up for the loss of width.

One glitch that I didn't take into account is that I have to unhook in order to load/unload the bikes. I have to fix this somehow.

@ Evilclown - The electric awning has an auto-dump feature. It has gas struts both sides. You lock the side that you don't want to dump. The other side will sag down and dump when just a little bit of water builds up.

Have you looked into shorter units with a drop leg? The one I have on my 12,000# work trailer only sticks up maybe 12" above the tongue, and has the adjustable leg so it only ever need to be cranked a couple inches. Should give you the room you need.

That one looks to mounted really high compared with the bottom of the coupler, could you just lower that jack few inches?

08 KLR 650
82 Suzuki GS850
7? Sachs Moped Basket Case
Doorguy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote