Thread: 2011 Bmw G650gs
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #673
WayOut
Be like water

Oddometer: 4
OK, so I picked up a new 2012 G 650 GS in Sept. & absolutely LOVE it! I have ~3500 miles on it so far; almost all pavement at this point but we'll be hitting some dirt soon & I'm sure many drops are in our future. This bike is loads of fun & seems to defy gravity. I've been riding on the streets for almost 30 years now & this bike is even more fun than my old RD 350! I tried the F 700 GS, & it's a great smooth engine, but it just didn't feel right to me, seemed too top heavy. Even the G 650 GS is a bit heavier than I'd like, but when it's moving you can flick it around so easily, I feel like I could ballroom dance with it! I want to thank the people on this thread, I got some great info from this site!

Some logistical notes I'm 5ft-5 & ~140 lbs.I have the bike with the factory seat & no lowering, it feels a bit big when I'm trying to back it out of a slight incline (I'll sometimes walk beside it to move it into position) but when I'm riding it, or stopped at lights, it feels great. When you lean hard to the left, the 1st thing you scrap is the kickstand (no centerstand on mine) but it doesn't feel like it's even close to sliding out at that point. I haven't scrapped anything on the right side, yet

I bought it stock, I wanted to feel how the Beast ran, without any add-ons. Then I added some stuff 1 at a time:
  • BMW handguards
  • Wunderlich Tobinator windscreen adjustment
  • Hippo Hands (I love them)
  • Caribou 34 Liter B&W Top Case
Here are some pics:
The moto glamor shot a few days after getting it

And here's some showing the accessories

WayOut is offline   Reply With Quote