View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #16
TinCrow OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Take it easy, was actually written by Jackson Browne and Glenn Frey. The Eagles made it famous with Glenn Frey on vocals. The statue appears to be Jackson Browne. The store on the corner has a speaker mounted outside on the sidewalk. They play The Eagles all day long. Its a Flat Bed Ford. I have a thousand songs in my head that ive created lyrics for. I think its my way of personalizing the song to fit me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen

Anyway back to the ride.
I planned on riding straight through Texas, but the weather is good for December and I have lots of family throughout the state. I stopped to see one relative and I am now obligated to stick around for 4 days and visit every one within 300 miles? My last road trip was all about being with strangers and not seeing a familiar face for 2 months. This trip seems to be about visiting everyone I know that is in my line of travel. I guess im lucky to have family and friends that welcome me.
The roads are long and straight. There are a few sights to see, and the country side is beautiful. Its getting colder and Im hoping to be on the road tomorrow.
It looks like I may need to replace the back tire in Florida. I think the best way is to buy online and ship to a Florida address. Anybody in Florida with a tire changing station or a recommendation for a place that wont charge $50 bucks?

Texas twisties.

TinCrow screwed with this post 12-08-2012 at 12:56 PM
TinCrow is offline   Reply With Quote