View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #65
JerryH OP
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShardPhoenix View Post
Hey, Jerry..

If my non center stand, tube type tired motorbike got a flat tire while I was out not being a complete wimp by riding it wherever the hell I felt like, I'd pull out the spare tube I was carrying, flop the bike down on its side (gently) and get to fixing my tire.

I wouldn't be all over an internet forum acting like any bike lacking a center stand and tubeless tires is the spawn of Cthulu.

Apparently you can't fix anything unless you've got a center stand and tubeless tires. At least that's the impression you give by spouting tripe that any bike not so equipped is not suitable for anything beyond local riding.
That's where the difference is. No way am I going to throw a shiny new road bike on it's side to fix a flat, unless it is a matter of life and death. To me putting a road bike on it's side is the same as crashing. When I had an EX500, I found out than many EX500 owners had destroyed their engines by dropping their bike. Apparently the oil pump lost prime (which it does not do while changing the oil with the bike upright) and the engine ran for 30-40 seconds without oil pressure after the bike was picked up and started. Several threads about it on ex-500.com.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote