View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
bmwktmbill OP
Traveler

Oddometer: 4,848
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the encouragement. My plan is to leave the back deck on the rig for a mc hauling platform but I will build a bumper/trailer hitch/spare tire carrier as well. I need to fire up the torch and welder for some quick mods to what was.

I plan to leave the rig out west somewhere and return home by motorcycle at the beginning of next summer. The fuel costs of going back and forth in the RV would be hard on my fun money. I have vehicles(Honda CRV) that will get better mpg pulling my trailer.

All plans are easily changed.

For propane heat and cooking the 3 burner stove is a range and has an oven. I was hoping I could use that as a heat source and make a pizza at the same time.

The wood stove is a must for me and it would keep the coffee warm too. I heat my house with wood so I get that mostly.

I'd like something with a 16-18" firebox so I could handle standard lengths.

http://www.vogelzang.com/browse.cfm/...ted)/4,44.html

It's a budget buster.
The propane tank conversion is neat looking and would be very compact!!

The roof has been coated and does not leak, one skylight is cracked and needs duct tape or a more sophisticated patch. I'll be doing some asking about construction adhesives/glues and hope for a couple more days above freezing.

Any wood stoves for sale?
Anyone a solar panel guru?
I will need electricity for LED lights, computer charger/ cell phone and AA battery charging...the usual suspects.

I have been camping off my motorcycle for 50 years so this is real luxury for me but my needs are not great in terms of lighting. I am used to reading and writing with a headlamp.

Thanks again,

bill

The faster it goes the faster it breaks.
And high performance=high maintenance.
Bill Shockley

bmwktmbill screwed with this post 12-09-2012 at 05:04 PM
bmwktmbill is offline   Reply With Quote