View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #48
AK Smitty OP
Self life coach

Oddometer: 318
Coban down day.

I had planned to try and get back on the road the day after the spill and just close a little distance to Tikal. I had my boxes straightened out, top box rigged on and braces re-attahced by noon. I was ready to head out but the weather was nasty looking and it really started rain right as I suited up. My gear was still pretty damp from the weather the day before and rolling around in the grass. I was really anxious to get moving but with bad weather all the way to Tikal it was the right call to just all it a day. Talked to another rider a couple of days later that came down from the North and he said it was pretty crappy weather.

I made the right call but I would now be on a tight timeline to make Tikal. I am meeting a friend at the airport in 2.5 days. So really just 2 days of riding from Coban to Tikal to Guat City. A pretty big push on Guat roads and I think I am over pushing hard. Cant see it all...

These two were hanging by my bike when I came out to mess with some gear.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Pics from the roof of my hotel. I was hoping to just see one sunny break in the clouds

I didn't!

I decided before I crashed that I had to choose Tikal or Puerto Barrios. I really wanted to do both but accepted that I did't have time before having to be in Guat City.

I am here: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...f53b74b2cb510d
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote