View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #6518
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
You might be right. On the other hand, there are quite a few people here who LOVE their 690. I realize they have their issues.. but really, what bike doesn't?

It might be wrong, but like others I take comments like this personally.
"Excellent attempt KTM, but you shit the bed on waaaaaay too many issues to attempt to fix"
It does not add to the conversation because it is broad statement/opinion of a problem with the only solution getting a different bike. For many in the US, 660 tenere, African twin, ect are not an option so we make due. When KTM stopped the 640adv, this became the next best thing. (better in my opinion)

This thread helped me quite a lot when prepping my RTW bike. I would hope that others can pull the GOOD information out and not be turned off to the 690 by the negative comments like yours. So if you want help with your specific 690 issues .. just ask

If not, I hope you have fun with your African Twin. You will never see me post in the AT forum my opinion about if its any good or not. Cheers. ride safe.
You're mostly right, however I didn't come her to "slag" the bike, I loved my 690 when I got it in 2009.

My opinion is given after 4 years of ownership. feel free to cut down any bike you've owned, I wont say anything about your opinion, provided you do it in the correct forum.

I sincerely hope your bike holds up, but after 6 years in production and a lot of the core issues with this bike have not been fixed by the factory, I call that shitting the bed for sure.

It can be a sweet bike, I was just voicing my frustration of another part fixed to have something else die.

I wish I could say with proper maintenance that there are no issues, but I change my oil religiously and my valves had just been checked when I went on a 5400km trip this summer to have the top end blow and leave me stranded on the side of the highway.

Who knows, maybe I got a Monday morning special.
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote