Huge progress the past couple of days.
Alex came over to help out, we did some lathing.
Danny and Larry supervised.
I had some new sprockets from PBI that I was going to cut down. No such luck. They were a lot tougher than the stock sprocket was. The carbide barely touched it.
The angle grinder wasn't doing much either.
I'll have to try something else.
We also modified a tool holder to work on the big lathe. Of course, we used the lathe to do this.
Centering the part in the chuck:
Drilling out a hole. It seems weird, holding a drill bit still and turning the part.
Cutting a shoulder. The steel bits weren't working on the steel part at all. The carbide bit cut right in.
And, so we could say we did some actual work on the bike, we
A good day.