View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #17
Gerst OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Day 5:

The last day.

I'm not far from home, this is almost in my backyard and yet I've never been here. The riding isn't great but its not pavement and the scenery more than makes up for the riding.

This is so cool, history you can interact with. No NO signs! Just a fence to keep the cattle out and a guest book to sign. If you have kids, this would make a great camping/history field trip.

Coming around a bend I reminded myself to look up, just in time to see this. I didn't get a closer look. If I explore too much I'll be riding in the dark and it's cold once the sun sets. I'll save this one for another day.

Ran into some cowboys (and girls). I stopped, shut off the bike and took some pics, they really appreciated that I turned the bike off. Unlike most of my encounters with cattle and horses this one went well, I hope to have more like this.

Cool garage

I spotted this ladder and went back to check it out. I didn't find a road or trail to the base and searched the cliff above for reason for it. I couldn't figure it out it was a real wtf moment for me, I'll come back and check it out another time.

I'd like a tour of this place, not your typical white picket fence neighborhood!

Maybe they'll let me sample their vineyard with the tour

That's it for the pics. Once out of the canyon I road county roads most of the way home. It was a good trip, no problems. I spent a lot of time just hanging out at camps enjoying the sights and reading. A nice relaxing Thanksgiving, no turkey but that's ok, I prefer my pumpkin!
Gerst is offline   Reply With Quote