View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #544
QCRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
Thanks for asking about my PayPal

I posted a while ago that rather than post it again I had decided to try and help my friend Stephanie raise money for a Learning Center in her small community of Little Corn Island Nicaragua.

Steph cycled, and I mean bicycled from Calgary Alberta, Canada to Nicaragua, over 10,000 k solo for her cause. She is driven to help others.

Sadly, I learned this morning, that 20 miles from her final destination she was struck by a car. Rather than send a donation to me I would love to see my readers donate to Steph's cause. There is no doubt in my mind this young lady will do far more good with the money than I ever could.

From what I've been told Steph is alright but has been sent to hospital for a scan on a large lump on her head and she has some road rash. She cannot find her bike and equipment because she can't remember what happened.

Please help Steph if you can

here is a link to her blog

http://stephgoescyclingforacause.blogspot.ca/

Thanks to all in advance

Kedgi

Hi Kedgi,

I just sent a donation to Steph (meant to do that for a while now). Hope she'll be all right with a quick recovery. Thanks for posting her link here. I might even go up to Little Corn Island to say hello at some point, and and check out the diving. Now that I have my paypal account set up, I'm hoping to find your own link to send some beer/gas $$$ your way to keep you on the road, while I'm enjoying your RR!

I've been following a few RRs (yours, Ulyses, JDowns, etc) with great interest, and was kindda looking forward to meet you guys while passing thru Costa Rica whenever possible, however there seems to be a common pattern among riders heading South: get a good head start in the States, spend some time exploring/relaxing in Mexico & Guatemala, and then rush thru Nicaragua/Costa Rica to get to Panama for a boat/flight bookings. A little unfortunate, but I do get the deadline thing. Too bad that the Panama/Colombia ferry never came alive as promised last year! Perhaps I'll have a better luck with JDowns based on his pace so far!

My buddy who did Toronto to SA last year spent almost 1 month in Medellin, and loved Colombia in general. I'm hoping to get down there in the next year. Enjoy South America and keep posting whenever possible pls!
QCRider is offline   Reply With Quote