View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #8107
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnw View Post
That would be great but I could only find owner's manual on the Yamaha site and that is pdf read only (no print). Is the factory service manual something that a non-mechanic would reasonably understand? The Clymer I have for the DR350 is good for a layman.

Sorry to get your hopes up.
The maual WAS available from Yamaha as a free download back then (2006?). Perhaps they figured that they 'might as well' since the bike was being replaced soon. No idea why they no longer offer it. I would have bought one from the dealer had it not been legitimately available on line then. I do that with all the other toys, I figure that it far too easy to make a $100 (or much more) mistake so the manual is a reasonable investment.

Bruce

Looking at Yamaha's website, they do still have the manual but it is no longer a free download, they want $79 for it now. It appears that Haynes has a service manual available, being written in English rather than translated, it might be easier to read than the factory one. Good Luck!
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225

Fire Escape screwed with this post 12-10-2012 at 11:01 AM Reason: Did a little more looking
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote