View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #15
Hookapelli OP
Adventure-Junkie

Oddometer: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
I don't want my wife to ride solo and neither does she......she loves riding behind me on my busa ( ) and the only reason she'd ever consider riding solo is because I wanted her to.
I think alot of wives ride solo because their husbands push them to...or they're trying to spend time with their husbands by taking up the hobby. Honestly I think its a rare lady that truly wants to ride solo herself....I just don't think its something that thrills most ladies.

Let her sell the bike and just be a passenger......you'd be amazed how nice it can be sometimes having your wife holding onto you as you're cruising through beautiful vista's. I enjoy my high speed solo riding (what busa owner doesn't ) but I also enjoy riding with the wife.
And btw I've had her up to 165mph gps on a nice desert road and she loved it......so you don't ALWAYS have to go slow with the wifey
She rode back seat for the first 4 years of our relationship. One day she up and decided to take the basic course on base and bought a bike... I was supportive- and she does like to ride ride. Up to this point, there hasn't been even a close call. She rides to work at least twice a week and we do weekend rides to Bisbee and Nogalas. She went from a Yamaha 250, to a Star 650, to the Ninja 650R. We had it lowered 1.5 inches for her to touch.

I like her on the pillion- but she has a bit of an independent streak.

I expect her to be back in the saddle soon.