Thread: AZ - Rug Road!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #48
Slowred
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierTrailmaster View Post
All I can say is THANK YOU fella's for not making me look like u all's bitch. It would have been easy to do with my performance. As to suggestions on the GasGas. First and foremost, the suspension is strung for someone much heavy than me I believe. I was bouncing off every rock and there was very little sag in the back, so the grip sucked and it was too tall for me due to it having so little settle when I sat on it. I do think it could use to be geared down some and that would help...thirdly...as Drew would say..."the rider has too much LOFT"...lack of fucking talent.

Still like the challenge and I have had better days on the Rug and will have more.
That bike was set up for someone tall. When I tested it I felt like it was right for me. You had to have been having trouble dabbing a foot. With this ride that was pretty much all the time. That said, the power was a hoot! Probably ,too much for this kind of climbing though. Also, did you ever check your tire pressure? MT43s at 13-14 psi don't work very well.

Still had a fun day! Thx for putting the ride together HTM.
Slowred is online now   Reply With Quote